Surviving the Holidays: 4 Ways to Treat Yourself in Fort Worth
The holidays are a joyous time, filled with family gatherings, festive fun, and delicious food. Unfortunately, this time of year can also be stressful. Between wrangling the kids during their break, hunting for that “gotta have it!” sold-out toy, and hosting your in-laws, it is easy to forget to take care of yourself.
Unfortunately, stress impacts your physical health and mental well being—and it will be difficult to enjoy the holidays if you are feeling fatigued or irritable. The good news is that there are many enjoyable ways to reduce stress, and treating yourself to a little “me time” may be just what the doctor ordered.
Here are a few great ways to treat yourself in Fort Worth:
1. Savor a solo-meal at one of Fort Worth’s best restaurants
The pleasure of dining out alone is often overlooked, but it is a great opportunity to indulge in delicious food and enjoy some peace and quiet. Here are a few of our Fort Worth favorites that are worth checking out:
- Lonesome Dove Western Bistro is an upscale restaurant that offers a modern take on traditional Western flavors. If you are feeling extravagant, try one of their Wagyu beef-based dishes. Flying solo while you enjoy one of their decadent offerings is a luxury experience!
- Taco Heads is a must-eat for anyone who lives and breathes fresh ingredients, extra guac, and mouth-watering Mexican flavors. Dine-in to enjoy your meal while you people watch.
After you have had your fill, you can cap off your night with a unique, prohibition-era cocktail at The Usual.
It will be difficult to enjoy the holidays if you are feeling fatigued or irritable. The good news is that a little “me time” may be just what the doctor ordered.
2. While away an afternoon at a coffee shop
What often makes the holidays feel overwhelming is the lack of time to do quiet things you enjoy. So, grab a new book, favorite magazine, or even a crossword puzzle and claim a spot at your favorite coffee shop. Spend your afternoon reading, people watching, and enjoying the warm, caffeinated beverages of your choosing!
3. Try something new & just for you
A few hours away from holiday planning and festivities will do wonders for you—and we can promise you that things will not fall apart. If you have always wanted to learn how to paint, make that perfect souffle, or even weave a basket, there is probably a class available.
- Painting with a Twist combines painting with wine; need we say more? These classes tap into your creative side with a guided painting lesson where you can sip as create.
- Whip out your apron and prepare to make something amazing after a cooking class at Sur La table. They offer everything from French classics to sushi, and all classes are appropriate for beginners to experts.
4. Get pampered with a specialty skin treatment
Stress can wreak havoc on your skin, particularly if your normal skincare routine has been interrupted by visiting family or overflowing to-do lists. A soothing, reparative skin treatment from an experienced provider can help calm your skin and your nerves.
At our Fort Worth plastic surgery practice, we offer a number of treatment options to help improve skin concerns and overall skin health. The HydraFacial MD® is a superb option for gently smoothing and hydrating your skin—and you will love how radiant you look for your next social event. Contact us today to learn more.
Wherever you are and however you celebrate, we wish you a very merry (and stress-free) holiday season!