Resolve to Support These Fort Worth Businesses in the New Year
Believe it or not, it’s January—and time for fresh resolutions to be the best versions of ourselves. To double down on our resolutions, we have decided to support local Fort Worth businesses that can help us achieve our personal goals.
Whether you’re looking to get your house in order, devote more time to your passion, or live healthier, these local businesses and nonprofits can help to bolster your resolutions. Plus, supporting locals just feels good! Read on to learn about the local organizations and businesses we are excited to support in the new year.
De-clutter and donate thoughtfully
We’re all trying to make better use of our homes, now that we’re spending more time in them. Whether you’re cleaning out storage closets, the garage, or your wardrobe, you can extend the life of your extra items by donating them thoughtfully to local charities and nonprofits, many of which offer scheduled pick-ups for your convenience:
- Donate shelf-stable food, furniture, household items, and clothing to the local nonprofit Community Storehouse. The North Texas Food Bank also accepts much-needed donations of shelf-stable food.
- Contact the Salvation Army of Fort Worth to donate household items, furniture, appliances, clothing, and automobiles.
- Goodwill accepts a wide range of donated items for resale, with certain exceptions listed on their website.
Put everything in its place at home
You may have been enjoying The Home Edit on Netflix, but did you know we have some loveable home organizers right here in Fort Worth? The women-led team at A Simple Space offers space design and professional home organization with a team of organizers for projects big and small. They can also bring a handyman if the job calls for more than organization! The Organized Nest also offers home organization, as well as a menu of other helpful services like moving assistance.
Make home a sanctuary and save time
Whatever your resolution, it’s going to take time. Shave precious hours off your week with award-winning home cleaning service from Kite’s Custom Cleaners in Fort Worth. These professionals attend to the tiniest details with meticulous care. Plus, they offer a variety of other cleaning services, including wash-and-fold, dry cleaning, rug cleaning, and wedding gown care.
Start your day with a local cup o’ joe
The local entrepreneurs Jennifer and Sam Demel established Trinity Coffee House to create a homey community hub for collaboration. Not only is the coffee delicious, but they also rent their well-appointed co-working and conference room spaces that are perfect for your next meeting. (Pro tip: Try placing your order in advance through their website!)
Eat well—without cooking 3 meals a day
The hardest part of any diet is the shopping, meal prep, and cooking. Instead of completely changing your habits on January 1st, make a more realistic goal, and let one of these meal delivery services help you out:
- Health-oriented Savor Culinary Services customizes allergen-free meals to meet any dietary restrictions you may have, and will fill your fridge with fresh, chef-prepared meals every week.
- Stop by the Feastivities gourmet market for delicious homestyle meals any day that you need someone else to do the cooking.
- Choose one of the curated meal delivery plans from Snap Kitchen (or customize your own) to receive satisfying, made-to-order meals as often as you like.
- Skip the drive thru and instead make Juice Junkies part of your routine, locally owned by Fort Worth native Hillary Biediger. Their organic, cold-pressed juices are freshly made and packed with vitamins. Plus, they offer healthy snacks and smoothies when you need to satisfy more substantial cravings.
- Easily avoid unhealthy ingredients in baked goods by visiting Unrefined Bakery, a gluten- and soy-free bakery that offers every kind of baked good you can imagine while also catering to nearly any dietary preference.
Lend a hand in our Fort Worth community
There is nothing more rewarding than giving back to our Fort Worth community. Here are some wonderful options:
- The Community Storehouse helps to support education and well-being of low-income children in our community, and volunteer work is a critical part of their mission.
- Change the trajectory of a child’s life by mentoring with Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Can’t risk in-person volunteering during the pandemic? You can volunteer remotely with the United Way of Tarrant County or ACH Child and Family Services.
- It’s easy to get involved in one of the many volunteer roles needed at the YMCA of Fort Worth.
Choose a local gym that suits your workout style
Fort Worth has local gyms and workout programs to support every style of exercise, from those who like to exercise alone to new moms looking for a like-minded community:
- For a classic gym, where you can work with a personal trainer or simply exercise at your own pace, sign up for a monthly membership with locally-loved Inursha Fitness.
- If you want coached training with a stimulating mix of martial arts, cardio, and strength workouts, Tapout Fitness in downtown Fort Worth is your gym.
- For a mix of climbing, bouldering, and yoga, visit Summit Gym.
- If you are looking for an exclusive, distraction-free gym where a skilled personal trainer will tailor your workouts and hold you accountable, join Strength Studio in Clearfork.
- If you find that you need variety in your workouts, The Dailey Method combines an ever-evolving array of coached fitness classes (including barre and spin) while retaining its founder Jill Dailey’s core focus on strength and alignment.
- For mothers looking for a stroller-friendly fitness community, try your first class for free with FIT4MOM, which offers classes suited to moms throughout pre- and post-natal journey—including classes at Press Cafe in Clearfork!
Let a personal coach help you stay accountable
Need help with organizing your time and streamlining productivity? Fort Worth life organizer and time management expert Lynn Winter can help you balance your many roles so you can prioritize what is important to you.
If you want a coach to help you through your health-related lifestyle changes, reach out to Fort Worth personal development coach Ashley Baker. With a whole-person approach to health, Ashley brings a human element to your journey.
Talk to a board certified plastic surgeon about renewing your look
At Kirby Plastic Surgery and Kalos Medical Spa, we love to help our patients discover a newfound sense of confidence. Whether you are considering plastic surgery or want to boost your appearance with non-surgical medical spa treatments, Dr. Emily J. Kirby and her team are here to help. Contact us to learn more about our services or schedule a consultation.