Male Body Contouring Fort Worth
Wanting to show off your post-weight loss results? Choose from an array of body contouring procedures designed to enhance your male physique.
- What is male body contouring?
- How is body contouring different for men?
- What procedures are included in male body contouring?
- What are the benefits of male body contouring?
- Am I a good candidate?
- What is recovery like from male body contouring?
What is male body contouring?
If you have recently lost a significant amount of weight due to bariatric surgery or diet and lifestyle changes, you may be still struggling with stubborn fat pockets and excess skin. This is because our tissues often lack the elasticity they need to “snap back” to the shape they used to be prior to weight loss, causing them to appear stretched and saggy.
Body contouring procedures following major weight loss remove excess, hanging tissues and fat while defining the shape of the underlying support tissues. For men, the desired result is a slimmer, more athletic appearance. Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Emily J. Kirby has helped hundreds of men feel confident and strong with the help of body contouring procedures.
How is body contouring different for men?
It is important that a plastic surgeon understand the male physique and contour the body accordingly. Many men are left with unwanted fat and skin following a major weight loss. Body contouring procedures remove extra tissues and fat, and tighten underlying muscles in the chest, abdomen, thighs, flanks, and/or buttocks.
While the techniques of performing male body contouring procedures are somewhat similar to female body contouring (a combination of liposuction and surgical excision), the techniques used are quite different. Unlike women, who typically desire a curvy, hourglass figure, men typically want a trim waist, flat chest, muscular abdomen, and fit-looking buttocks and thighs.
Dr. Kirby understands how to properly address excess tissues, as well as how much fat should be left in certain areas, in order to help a man achieve a naturally athletic appearance. She also considers the unique architecture of male muscle and skin when performing male body lift surgery.
What procedures are included in male body contouring?
Dr. Kirby performs a variety of procedures to contour the male body following major weight loss:
- Abdominoplasty: Male abdominoplasty, also known as tummy tuck surgery, removes excess skin and fat on the abdomen and tightens underlying muscles to restore a trim, athletic torso.
- Liposuction: Men’s liposuction removes unwanted fat that lies between the skin and muscles in order to reshape the body to a more desirable shape.
- Thigh lift: Also called thighplasty, a male thigh lift removes excess tissues from the thighs to create slimmer, more toned upper legs. A thigh lift can also alleviate uncomfortable chafing between the thighs and increase mobility.
- Arm lift: Also called brachioplasty, an arm lift removes excess tissues on the arms from the elbow to the armpit to reveal natural muscle tone and shape the arms.
- Blepharoplasty: Commonly referred to as eyelid surgery, Dr. Kirby performs upper blepharoplasty to correct excess or stretched upper eyelid skin and displaced fat that may obstruct vision and cause the eyes to look droopy.
- Gynecomastia surgery: Commonly referred to as male breast reduction surgery, gynecomastia surgery can restore a flat, masculine chest using liposuction and/or tissue excision.
“I appreciate you for being such an awesome doctor and caring for me like an awesome person that you are. You are the greatest in my book.”—EJ
What are the benefits of male body contouring?
Undergoing body contouring after major weight loss has numerous benefits for men, including:
- Achieve a more masculine physique
- Increase self-confidence
- Enhance mobility and comfort
- Make exercise easier and more enjoyable
- Improve hygiene
- Fit into tighter clothing
Am I a good candidate?
You may be a good candidate for male body contouring if you meet the following criteria:
- Have recently lost a significant amount of weight
- Are capable of maintaining a stable weight
- Are in good health and are committed to leading a healthy lifestyle
- Do not have any serious medical conditions
- Are a non-smoker
- Have realistic goals of what body contouring may accomplish
What is recovery like from male body contouring?
After your body contouring procedures, you can expect some bruising and swelling for the first few weeks. During this initial recovery period, you should refrain from performing any excessive movements or lifting more than 5 pounds. Most patients are able to return to sedentary work after 2 weeks.
Dr. Kirby may apply compression garments for you to wear for the first 6 weeks following your surgery. You may also need to maintain surgical drains during this time. Most patients are able to return to their normal activities 4 to 6 weeks after surgery.