Fort Worth Dysport®
For a smoother, refreshed appearance
As much as we love a good skincare routine, unfortunately, even the highest quality skincare products cannot forever stave off the telltale signs of aging. “Expression lines” such as crow’s feet, deep forehead creases, and frown lines can make you appear older, tired, and stressed. At Kalos Medical Spa in Fort Worth, we use Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA) to help you take your anti-aging efforts to the next level.
Performed by our team of experienced injectors, Dysport injections can quickly rejuvenate your appearance by softening those stubborn lines and wrinkles. Not only is Dysport is safe and effective for men and women, but visible improvements are also noticeable within a few days and results can last up to 3-4 months.
- What is Dysport?
- Is Dysport right for me?
- How can I avoid bruising from Dysport?
- What can Dysport treat?
- When will I see results from a Dysport treatment?
- How long does Dysport last?
- Will I still be able to make facial expressions?
- How much Dysport will I need?
- Does Dysport have any side effects?
- Dysport vs. Botox
- Why choose Kalos for your Fort Worth Dysport treatments?
What is Dysport?
Repeated facial movements cause fine lines and wrinkles to form, especially on our forehead and between our brows. Similar to Botoxy, Dysport is a neuromodulator (botulinum toxin type A) that is injected into muscles to temporarily reduce moderate-to-severe forehead lines, crow’s feet, and glabellar lines (lines between the eyebrows). Dysport temporarily blocks nerve signals to muscles, which as a result, reduces muscle activity that causes lines and wrinkles.
Is Dysport right for me?
If you are between the ages of 18 and 65 and are in generally good health, Dysport may be right for you. We do not recommend Dysport if you have a milk allergy, as it contains albumin, a milk-derived protein.
In addition, the use of medical-grade skincare products will enhance the anti-aging benefits of Dysport treatments and protect against future damage. If you are looking to introduce medical-grade skincare into your routine, our skin experts are here to help you curate your custom regimen that is optimized for your skincare goals.
How can I avoid bruising from Dysport?
Follow these guidelines to minimize or avoid bruising from facial injectables:
- Avoid blood-thinning medicines and supplements for 2 weeks before your appointment (aspirin, NSAIDs, vitamin E, fish oil)
- Avoid alcohol 2-3 days before getting Dysport
- Avoid strenuous activity immediately after treatment
- Use ice packs before and after your injections
- Avoid touching or massaging the injection site
- Use a topical arnica cream or take an oral arnica tablet before your appointment and for 7 days following treatment or as directed by your provider.
What can Dysport treat?
Dysport is FDA-approved to treat moderate-to-severe glabellar lines (the frown lines between the eyebrows known as the “11s”). Our expert injectors administer Dysport between the brows to minimize the appearance of these lines.
Dysport can be used off-label, as well, in many other areas. Dysport is also a safe and effective treatment for a variety of concerns:
- Reducing the appearance of crow’s feet
- Softening horizontal forehead lines
- Diminishing the lines around the mouth (also known as marionette lines)
- Improving the look of neck bands (vertical strips of visible muscle called platysmal bands)
- Reducing excessive sweating
When will I see results from a Dysport treatment?
Many of our Fort Worth med spa patients see noticeable improvement within a couple days of treatment. These results may continue to improve for about 2 weeks, but results do vary from patient to patient.
How long does Dysport last?
Visible Dysport results can last up to 5-6 months, but most patients notice effects diminishing by 3-4 months. Each patient’s Dysport experience is unique, and we are here to advise you on what to expect and when to make your follow-up appointments to best maintain your results.
Will I still be able to make facial expressions?
Yes, you will! Dysport will not prevent you from making facial expressions, it will only treat the dynamic lines and wrinkles that accompany them. The goal of a Dysport treatment is not complete muscle paralysis, but rather reduction in muscle activity, to create gentler muscle contractions and fewer wrinkles.
How much Dysport will I need?
The amount of Dysport required to achieve your desired goals depends on a variety of factors and will vary from person to person. Please schedule a consultation to meet with our expert injectors one-on-one for a skin evaluation, so we can best determine how much Dysport is needed to meet your aesthetics goals.
Does Dysport have any side effects?
Any side effects from a Dysport treatment are typically quite mild, short-lived, and easily tolerated. The most common side effects are redness, swelling, and a headache.
Dysport vs. Botox®
Dysport and Botox are both popular neuromodulators that temporarily reduce muscle activity to soften and smooth fine the lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive muscle movements. That being said, there are some slight differences between the two treatments:
- The unit measurements of Dysport and Botox differ (roughly 2.5 units of Dysport equals 1 unit of Botox).
- Dysport may achieve faster visible results (2-3 days with Dysport vs. 4-7 days with Botox).
- Dysport is less concentrated and has smaller molecules, meaning Dysport spreads more.
- Dysport may last longer than Botox.
Why choose Kalos for your Fort Worth Dysport treatments?
Good Dysport results require the skill of an experienced injector who can achieve a natural, rejuevnated appearance without the telltale signs of an over-treated, frozen expression. At Kalos Medical Spa, all injections are performed by our aesthetics team made up of seasoned injectors who are medically trained and are under the direction of Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Emily J. Kirby atKirby Plastic Surgery. Our providers are renowned for achieving safe, remarkably natural-looking results with Dysport. After discussing your goals, we consider your anatomy, facial structure, and skin condition to personalize a treatment plan to deliver a smoother, more refreshed appearance.
To learn more about how Dysport can rejuvenate your appearance, we invite you to call or text us for a personal consultation at 817-292-4200, or fill out the contact form on this page.